Home Quotes 20 Inspirational Helen Keller Quotes on Life and Success
Helen Keller was a deaf-blind lecturer, author, and political activist. She was born in Alabama, USA. She was most well-known for her autobiography “Story of my Life”, which recounts her memories of sights and sounds she experienced after her loss of sight and hearing. Here are some of her most inspirational quotes:
Helen Keller Quotes:
1.Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
2. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.
3. Toleration is the greatest gift of the mind; it requires the same effort of the brain that it takes to balance oneself on a bicycle.
4. We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough
5. Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged.
6. The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.
7. Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world.
8. Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
9. WE COULD NEVER LEARN TO BE BRAVE AND PATIENT, IF THERE WERE ONLY JOY IN THE WORLD.
10. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
11. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
12. My darkness has been filled with the light of intelligence and behold, the outer day-lit world was stumbling and groping in social blindness.
13. It is not possible for civilisation to flow backwards while there is youth in the world. Youth may be headstrong, but it will advance it allotted length.
14. The marvellous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome. The hilltop hour would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse.
15.FAITH IS THE STRENGTH BY WHICH A SHATTERED WORLD SHALL EMERGE INTO THE LIGHT.
16. I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
17. I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
18. Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all: the apathy of human beings.
19. Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.
20. When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.