David Beckham is a retired English footballer, who scored a total of 62 goals in his career. He is now the current President of Inter Miami CF. Here are some of his most inspirational quotes.
David Beckham Quotes:
1. I have always believed that if you want to achieve anything special in life, you have to work, work, and then work some more.
2. Every situation has changed me as a person.
3. Alex Ferguson is the best manager I’ve ever had at this level. Well, he’s the only manager I’ve actually had at this level. But he’s the best manager I’ve ever had.
4. I’d rather have three really good friends than twenty good friends.
5. I’m not silly enough to think I’m going to change the whole culture … but I do have a belief that soccer can go to a different level.
6. Like any parent, I just want the best for my kids, whatever they decide to do. They will choose what path they want to follow, and we will always be there to encourage them.
7. No one’s ever really given me any style advice. I wear what I want, and it doesn’t matter what other people think.
8. I know that I will always regret it later in life if I had turned down the chance to play at another great club like Real Madrid.
9. I treat my job as a hobby. It’s something I love doing.
10. I don’t think I’m really in a situation to complain, because I consider myself to be privileged to be doing what I do.
11. It’s is always nice to be respected as a footballer.
12. Finally, I have lived the dream. I am extremely proud to have worn the armband and been captain of England and for that I will always be grateful.
13. People react to criticism in different ways, and my way is definitely to come out fighting.
14. I am going to go out and enjoy the game and if I can set one or two goals up then so be it – I would love to.
15. As a footballer, you always want to test yourself against the best.
16. That was my way of getting through difficult times of low confidence – hard work.
17. I still look at myself and want to improve.
18. It’s one thing I like about America – they respect the sportsman. They put them up on a pedestal. They don’t try to knock them down. And that’s a great thing, to be respected by the whole country. It’s so patriotic!
19. The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.
20. To have a successful team, you have to have great players of course – but you have to have good personalities and good people as well.