Bruce Lee was a Chinese-American martial artist, actor and director. His films were very popular in the 20th century. Lee passed away in November 1940. Here are some of his most inspirational quotes:
Bruce Lee Quotes:
1. He who wants to succeed should learn how to fight, to strive, and to suffer. You can acquire a lot in life, if you are prepared to give up a lot to get it.
2. The more we value things, the less we value ourselves.
3. I fear not the man who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times.
4. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
5. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
6. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
7. Believe me that in every big thing or achievement there are always obstacles, big or small, and the reaction one shows to such obstacles is what counts, not the obstacle itself.
8. As you think, so shall you become.
9. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
10. “A man is literally what he thinks”. This might be a shocking statement, but everything is a state of mind.
11. It is a fact that labour and thrift produce a competence, but fortune, in the sense of wealth, is the reward of the man who can think of something that hasn’t been thought of before.
12. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
13. This achieving the centre, being grounded in one’s self, is about the highest state a human being can achieve.
14. Time means a lot to me because, you see, I, too, am also a learner and am often lost in the joy of forever developing and simplifying. If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
15. I’ve always been buffeted by circumstances because I thought of myself as a human being affected by outside conditioning. Now I realise that I am the power that commands the feeling of my mind and from which circumstances grow.
16. To many, the word “success” seems to be a paradise, but now that I’m in the midst of it, it is nothing but circumstances that seem to complicate my innate feeling toward simplicity and privacy.
17. Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
18. Recognising the influence of my subconscious mind over my power of will, I shall take care to submit to it a clear and definite picture of my Major Purpose in life and all minor purposes leading to my major purpose, and I shall keep this picture constantly before my subconscious mind by repeating it daily.
19. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations. You’re not in this world to live up to mine.
20. Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable; however, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.
21. Prosperity is apt to prevent us from examining our conduct; but adversity leads us to think properly of our state, and so is beneficial to us.
22. Your mental attitude determines what you make of it, either a stepping stone or stumbling block.
23. There is another bit of Chinese philosophy that has a bearing on problems common to all human kind. We say, “The oak tree is mighty, yet it will be destroyed by a mighty wind because it resists the elements; the bamboo bends with the wind, and by bending, survives”.
24. What I honestly value more than anything else is quality: doing one’s best in the manner of the responsibility and craftsmanship of a Number One.
25. We are told that talent creates is own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents.
26. It is the life of perfection which seems to be incomplete, and of fullness which seems to be empty. It is the life which is as bright as light, but does not dazzle. In short, it is a life of harmony, unity, contentment, tranquillity, constancy, enlightenment, peace, and long life.
27. I believe that anybody can think himself into his goal if he mixes thought with definiteness of purpose, persistence; and a burning desire for its translation into reality.
28. Success means doing something sincerely and whole-heartedly.
29. Head toward self-expression and self-actualisation and not just a means of mediocre functioning or repetitious drilling on a chosen pattern.
30. A purpose is the eternal condition of success.